Wednesday, March 08, 2006

So You're the One...

I'm not going to waste either of our time trying to recall it, but there's an old Aggie Joke that's about an Aggie who's trying to row a boat in the middle of Kyle field because he thinks its water or something. The punch line is delivered from a fellow Aggie, "You idiot, its Aggies like you that give the rest of us a bad name...and if I could swim I'd come out there and kick your..."

Yeah, sometimes it just takes one person to label a whole group.

You hear all the time about the beautiful girls that hate being beautiful because all the guys are intimidated and won't hit on them...blah, blah, blah... Being a guy I know that I'm personally pretty damn intimidated a lot of the times, except of course after some liquid Love gets mixed with some diet Courage on the rocks and then Dr. Debonair comes out and trys out his best line, "Hey, youth soor look be-u-futil". Of course this is said a few decibels over the Heavy Metal band in the background while spitting all over your prospective companion. Works every time.

But fo sho', its not always easy being a guy and trying to talk to a woman...the rejection is painful. No one likes to be rejected, especially when they have their heart on their sleeve, or there willie out the....sorry.

Now I think that the majority of the people, or at least the female people, in this world are of good heart and wouldn't be overly rude to anyone unless it's absolutely necessary. But its the select few that ruin it for them. It's the select few from cultures, or races, or political party (well, its really most of them) or religion that do something depraved and its all too often the defining point of their troop.

Last night I'm playing shuffle board in this bar. I'm having a few drinks with some friends, some of them very nice girls, and trying to invite people to come out to Riley's and watch me play tonight. I'm just letting them know that the WettNex are going to be out in full force and ready to rock. I see these two girls sitting there drinking and talking, and with only the intention of asking them to come check out a show, I walk up and say hello.

The dialouge was close to this.

"Hello" (happy go lucky voice)

"Yeah" (mean nasty bitchy voice)

(I stop for a moment and think, what a...) "What are you girls doing tomorrow night"

"Its none of your business" (yeah, she really was...)

(I can see the ship sinking) "Well, I just wanted to invite you out to Riley's tomorrow night, my
band is playing and we'd like to see you there."

(extreme bitchiness...I know that I should change my descriptions, but what other way can you say this) "Well, I'll be with my 5 kids, can they come?"

Now, this girl was obviously not old enough to have 5 kids, but I hope that she does in the future...all at once...through her nose.

I want to say something like, "Yeah, you don't have to be a bitch...I'm not hitting on you...you're not that pretty" but instead I say, "Alright, great, well you have a good night"

So, here I sit...thinking that my approach of inviting girls to the show needs some work...although the few girls that I asked earlier in the night were real nice and I should probably have written about how nice they were, but what fun would that be.

But girls like these are the reason that insecure guys stand in the corner with their friends, ogling all who walk by, thinking about how they'd like to ..., and knocking back the courage. Waiting for the confidence to build up, and hoping it does so before they lose the ability to speak...or try to dance...or hold it 'til they make it to the boys room. Its tough being a guy.

I'm sure there is some quote about bad apples or something, but I don't think we need it.

I'm going to go play some music...Don't you wish you were going to be there?
http://www.texaswettnex.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home