Thursday, August 24, 2006

So here we go...

finally...


So I like to visit sites like this one and check out all the cool optical illusions. I recently put one on my desk top with circles that appear to move, even though they are not moving. Supposedly the more stress you have, the faster the circles move. Don't know if I'm sold on this or not, but when I asked a fellow worker to look and tell me how fast his were moving he illustrated with his finger at the turn. Well, my circles were running circles around his circles. So, am I super stressed? Or, is it just simply that I see things different than him....OR, is it that I heard the story about stress and speed and made myself believe the circles were moving faster. The mind is a powerful, yet very weak thing. I can't get you out of my head!!!

TGIT...Yes, I love Thursday...be sure to check out Jane and all the other FOAD folks.

Do any of you believe in karma? Do you think that its possible that everything you've done up to this point might effect what happens to you tomorrow? Karma is basically you reaping what you've sewn...so would it be so, if I were to be the same way to people for years, that it would only make sense it would happen to me? Do you believe in Luck? Do you believe in fate? Destiny? Is it wrong to believe in any of this? I see something now that looks a lot like karma...or would karma just be my way of explaining something that just wasn't meant to be? And is anything really meant to be? If things are already predetermined, than why can't you just set life on cruise control and let them come to you? If things are predetermined, who predetermines them and why do they choose some to succeed and some to fail?

Why is it not raining?

Impeach Bush? I read blogs and cards and letters with these words on it. I've been pretty careful when I mention some things...I'm not scared to ride the fence. I'm not sure that I agree with anyone, but I don't believe that impeachment is necessarily the answer.. Here's my question, and I do invite anyone to comment or send a link or anything with your response. I want to know!!!

If President Bush were out tomorrow, how would things be different? Who would you want to take his place? What action would be taken? Would it help the Iraqi people tomorrow? Would it hurt the American people next year? When is War right? (for those of you who say never, then you need to go study some world history. You need to go study any religion. You need to quit being a dumbass.) If violence is not the answer, and peace is not the answer...then what is the answer?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm interested in knowing what people feel about things that go on in my head.

There's more...

I'm going fishing this weekend...by the time the sun comes up on Saturday, I should be waist deep in water. I love to fish, and I love to be one with nature. There is no experience, be it spiritual or emotional, that I have ever felt that compares to watching the sun come up out of the ocean water. No real release that compares to stalking "tailing" reds or an early morning "blow up" from a speckled trout. When your mind forgets to grind, and begins to wander around the morning bay...looking for signs...bait...slicks...and pretty soon you get relief. I've fished for 10 hours and barely caught enough fish to feed myself, and still left feeling completely cleansed. Sometimes I feel a little hungover, you know if you want to think like a fish...you need to drink like a fish!

What is it that you do that takes you away, if just for a little while?

You're all invited to come with me...join the food chain...go wade fishing!!!

Anyway...

I need some help! I need some people to buy a freaking CD or 12 so that I might get the 1000 of them out of my spare bedroom. You can do it here or here. I hate to beg, but I'm tired of looking at all these boxes!!! I'll tell you what I'll do...anyone who buys a cd from Lone Star Music
and then sends me an e-mail saying you did and what city you are from (it gives me the ability to see where the cd was shipped) then I'll send you a free T-Shirt. It's a hell of a deal!

Well, I should be back late Sunday...maybe I'll have some good pictures to post...until then...


Tags: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Wren said...

Thank you for the comment, that's the kind of response I was looking for...I hope more people participate

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll stick to karma cuz politics gets me INCENSED and my vocabulary becomes limited to nasty 4 letter words.

Karma aka you reap what you sew, aka what goes around comes around...Yes, I believe in it. In my old age, I've just seen too much shit that karma is the only explanation. I think certain things effect us in this life & others in other lifes.
Luck? of course.
Fate & Destiny? Of course.
But I wouldn't be willing to bet anything in my life on luck, fate or destiny.

Okay and without any 4 letter words, I will say: AMEN!!!!! to what kagro x said. RIGHT ON!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Bill Tyler said...

President Bush has been able to do what few Presidents have ever done - upset everyone in the opposition party and most of his own. How he is too moderate for his own party, yet, too conservative for the other is an enigma.

On the other hand, President Reagan was a staunch conservative and had more support from both sides than any other President in my lifetime.

Part of the reason that I voted for him is the reason that he is disliked so much. That is that he makes his own decisions and doesn't care what others think about them. I'm glad that we have a person running the country and not a poll. Otherwise, we would be in Iraq, then out, then back in, then out again, etc.

Some issues would make the poll a better policymaker. For example, abortion would be banned with the exception of rape, English would be the national language, prayer would still be in the public schools, and the death penalty would be implemented in all 50 states. On the other hand, drugs would be legal, the rich would pay all of the taxes so the poor wouldn't have to work, and the Yankees would be banned from baseball.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home