Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here I go again...

Going to jump around a bit...

Starting here...where a sailor stole a lap top from his submarine and went out and tried to sell the information off of it. Espionage! If the decision is made to court marshall this man, he would be eligible for the death penalty.

Let me break a minute and remind you that I'm from Texas...we kill dozens of people every year for crimes much less than this. A state that believes in captial punishment, because that's the way that God and General Sam Houston intended it to be.

I cannot even fathom a man who would turn against his brother. I'm not talking about right side or left side, I'm talking about America as a whole. Sure we can run around our house and kick and bite and scream, but when someone threatens our family...we come together and we take care of the situation. A man who would turn on his country, like a man who would hurt a child, deserves to die.

I hope this man is treated fairly in trial, but if convicted I hope that true justice be done.

True as Texas Justice.

So...we had a serious threat to the West foiled today. I don't want to say too much before more information is sorted out and then released, but once again you see that this is a dangerous world. But still there are people who claim that we're the real terrorist. I've already read a blog that claimed the whole thing was made up so that we might start to support the war on terrorism again. Do you support a war on terrorism today? Did you yesterday? If you do not support the war (and I'm not saying you should or shouldn't), would you get on a plane tomorrow?
I am.

I will be boarding a plane tomorrow around 5 o'clock to go see a special someone...I'm not so scared that it would keep me from seeing her. I also may feel a little safer as to where I'm leaving from and where I'm landing, but would you take a plane to Washington D.C. or New York tomorrow? Even if you boarded that plane, would you really feel safe?

Wouldn't you like to?

On a very serious note, you should read here. It seems that higher prices are on the horizon. As if it doesn't piss me off enough that my electricity bill is twice as high this year than last. As if it doesn't piss me off enough that I can't even drive two days on $10 dollars worth of gas...oh no...this is going too far! It seems soon enough that I might not get my same two days worth of drinking for that same ten dollar bill.

What is this world coming to?


Tags:





5 Comments:

Blogger Bill Tyler said...

Great post! I sure wouldn't give any more information about your flight.

It's hard for us to believe that there are people in this world that want us dead.

There is nothing that we can do to change their minds.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Michael, you know we have talked about it before - I know how to help with the electric bill. Just go to my website and sign up.

www.connected.igniteinc.biz

Check it out!
Missy

10:06 PM  
Blogger CyberCelt said...

I like Ron White's comment about Texas. I can say this because I am a native Texan.

"While other state's are abolishing the death penalty, Texas put in an express lane."

About the plane, if I had to be somewhere, I would fly, whether it be NYC or DC. I flew a week after 9/11 to Colorado Springs for a Crimestoppers Conference. Talk about feeling like a target! LOL

One thing that really makes me angry about this whole deal is that they are making people throw away unopened water bottles, boxed toothpaste, sealed travel sized toiletries... These could be separated and shared with people in shelters (abused women, homeless, etc.).

Have a good trip. Remember, if its your time to go to Jesus, driving instead of flying is not going to change a thing.

10:30 PM  
Blogger theWatchList said...

Great post. I'm all for the death penalty and wish other states would try to keep up with Texas...

As for tear in your beer. Sorry to hear the bad news. I only drink hard liquor so I am safe from their planned price increases. Hopefully Jack Daniels doesn't follow suit or I will be complaining. Nah, I'll just get drunk and forget about it.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd fly on a plane. I'm not afraid of it in the least.

Personally, I think life in prison is more punishment than the death penalty.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home