Sunday, August 06, 2006

The tricky deal

Let me first apologize to my renter for not posting very much and working on traffic

So the thing about do this whole blog thing in the first person and by the real name is that sometimes you don't want to share too much.

You see...I have family that reads this...brothers and sisters, nieces, best friends, and of course my Mother...so I sometimes censor myself a little...but you should read all the posts and you'd see I don't leave too much out.

I believe in being myself, sometimes no matter what the cost. I think there are many times where I could have been something different or achieved so much more by being something else, but I just refused. I a'int saying its right, but I'm Michael Fucking Wren...I cuss too much, drink too much, think too much, sometimes I talk to much, feel too much...I might give too much, or take too much...but I don't stray too much from what I think I am.

So with all that being said, I've been staying away from the keyboard as of late. I thought about starting an anonymous blog, but that'd feel too much like lying. I'm not saying I never lie, I'm just saying I'm not right now. It's been a rough couple of weeks...there have been some great times mixed in...but its been rough. I've been down...even thought about another trip to the Witch Doctor to see what they might prescribe me...but I hate to be medicated...because I hate to feel away from myself. I really just think I might be tired...I've been pushing lately...trying this whole rock star thing out. I just don't want anyone to think I'm fixing to jump or anything...because I'm not!!!

I struggle with this crap sometimes, because feeling down makes me feel weak. I hear things like, "You are what you think" and I think that I'm not crazy at all, but just think I'm crazy and that if I'd stop thinking I were crazy, that maybe I wouldn't be so crazy at all.

This makes me question so much. Plus I think I'm just at the age of question. I'm sneaking up on twenty-nine (because I've got to be 29 before I can be 30) and I think that its high time I start to question. Maybe not so much time to question, but time to form an opinion. I would say make a plan, but I think I'll be ready for that later. I question politics, I question religion, I question my own actions and the actions of others. Issues and topics that I used to stay away from, either because of their gravity or my lack of knowledge, I now find myself taking on and either researching or already knowing enough pertinent info to form an opinion.

Man, I feel a hardcore rant coming on...not one that I plan on censoring...so I might want to take that up later...but here's a deal! I'm testing if people really read all of a blog, or just whisk thru...so I'm going to play a little game. From right now until Wednesday, August 9th I'm running a contest. If you leave a comment on this blog...and it doesn't have to say anything at all pertinent to the content...it can just say, "Hey I read your worthless blog"...I will pick one person from that list to send a Texas WettNex CD (I've only got about 1000 of them left) a T-Shirt and two Koozies (because you shouldn't drink alone) and if you are a member of blog explosion I'll give you 200 credits. Let's see.

All right, well, sorry about the crazy post...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late 20s & 30s will be the absolute best years of your life. Well, so far! :)
I often think about religion,politics, etc. For me, keeping an open mind & being open to change is an important factor. I think if we ever think we've got it ALL...we're in big trouble.

I encourage you to start an anonymous blog. You may be feeling a rant, or frustration because, in truth, you cannot say ALL that you want because everybody you know reads this. My blog is 100% anonymous. Nobody knows who I am in real life & I will ALWAYS keep it that way. I need some place to dump the stupid crap that fills my brain & not worry about hurting anybody's feelings. Know what I mean?
There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about that, Wren. Bottom line: You do what is best for you.
Hey, you crack me up in the SB. It's always a great time with you in there. :)

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should it have personal stuff?
Should it be general?

I face the same problem as you. My friends and family knows my blog address. So I try to censor stuff and all.

Well, I guess you could have another account and with it, start an anonymous blog.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Michael, I do read everything you write because I can keep up with you better and know whether to worry or not, but no matter what you write---I always love you!

Mom

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's what really made me think: "You are what you think" and I think that I'm not crazy at all, but just think I'm crazy and that if I'd stop thinking I were crazy, that maybe I wouldn't be so crazy at all.

HOLY CRAP that is SO WHAT I'M THINKING TOO! I've been trying to decide if I'm crazy because everyone thinks I am or if I really am crazy before anyone told me so. I stay medicated because my husband and kids have been through enough hell and I probably would jump. But what did people before BP diagnoses even existed? Makes me want a do-over on my early 30s.

I agree with Susan. Don't stop writing. You make me laugh when I can't find humor anywhere else.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home