Thursday, April 06, 2006

hmmm?

Hello Kids,

it's 11:40 and I'm not asleep...this may not seem strange to some of you, but if you knew how little sleep I have really gotten in the last 5 days or so, and how tired I always think I am when I get off work, then you'd know why I'm upset that I'm still awake. Not only am I awake, but I think I just got my 42nd wind.

For my friends and family who read this blog, I don't want you worrying about me...trust me...only 3/4 of what I say is true.

for everyone else...How the hell are you...I promise at least 3/4 of this is true.

So, I haven't been sleeping much...but that happens from time to time. It actually goes from not sleeping much, to not sleeping at all, but that's a whole other story. I was prescribed Ambien for a little while, and I actually do have some of those "sleep-eating" stories that were flooding the news a few weeks ago. I once got up and made a fried egg sandwich (yeah, that doesn't sound good). Not only did I make it, but I ate it, washed the dishes, and then went back to bed. I also had a night where I decided I wanted spaghetti, and somehow the Ambien thought that whole kernel corn would give it a little extra flavor that it hadn't had before...I love that Ambien!

So I hardly ever write without a point, and I'm finding that I can't remember what my point was tonight.

Hmm???? I am a little bit excited about having my first ever CD release party tomorrow night. Its at Riley's Tavern in Hunter, TX http://www.rileystavern.com/ and hoping that it all goes well. I also heard my self singing on the radio earlier...that was cool.

What else??? I have found recently that I have become way more interested in current events, and politics, and economics than I have been in the past. It could be from growing up, or more mature (I really hope not) or maybe I'm just tired of having my head in the sand. I used to read every sports headline in the country, trying to keep up with stats and schedules, as well as who was playing the next night. Here lately I find myself checking more headlines than normal, and always stopping on the ones that have a little more "grown up" content. Of course I take all articles as a grain of salt. Articles are much like surveys or studies, you really have to look who's behind them before you take their findings into too much consideration. Myself, I'm neither Democrat or Republican. I don't much like either party. I'm wondering why it is that the well being of the political party outweighs the well being of the nation. You may say that the two lie hand in hand, but which party are you getting your information from?

So what's happening in politics right now? Well, John Mc Cain threatened to walk off stage at a speech. Now, I will tell you that I have the utmost respect for Senator Mc Cain. He was a POW, and if you have never read or heard what these people went through you should take a long, hard look at it. I don't care if some of you think that he might have embellished his hero status a bit...a person who made it out of a POW camp was not someone who came out of Club Med. But back to the speech thing, Senator John Mc Cain threatened earlier this week to walk off stage after being booed, basically, and I think this is a bunch of crap. People with a conscience, not people like me, may see where this was a delicate situation. If there would have been 200 Michael Wrens in the room, we'd have booed his ass smooth off the stage. Not because I would agree of disagree with the Senator's beliefs, but that I do believe in some small North Texas town beliefs of "you better show up before you bow up". If you don't want to take the heat (that you are paid very well to take) and threaten to walk off the stage, then walk your ass off the stage and see where you public approval poll stands. To me, this gesture was nothing more than a "bob and weave" that came fairly close to "taking a dive".

More politics...kind of....the Homeland Security dude that got busted trying to solicit a minor...Hang Him...let me quote one of my favorite books ever (Lonesome Dove...) "...Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!..." Folks, I've done some bad shit in my life, but nothing like this dude. I'm not saying any more. Damn Sodbusters.I don't know why I talk politics, because I have no agenda. I hate 'em all...they're all crooked. If you think that your representative a'int crooked...well maybe he's not....but give him some time...its the company you keep.

Oh, I did forget the big scandal with the U.S. Capitol police offer and Cynthia McKinney...what the hell? WEAR THE LAPEL PIN! These folks have it pretty damn good...congress folk I'm saying...they're given their official identification, but to make it easier all they have to wear is a damn lapel pin...she's lucky she's not serving down here in Texas...those boys would have tasered her ass! Some really bad guys flew some planes into the World Trade Center and killed a bunch of people...I've not forgotten...if you cared about your constituency...wear your f'ing pin with pride. We want a safer America, even if the whole world is supposed to know who we are no matter what our manner of dress or new hairdo.

I'm just rambling!

I've got more to say, but it'll get way off subject...you guys should come to Riley's tomorrow night...buy a CD....and a shirt...got to http://www.texaswettnex.com/ or http://www.lonestarmusic.com/ or www.myspace.com/thetexaswettnex and find out who we are.
rock on...we'll see you then

1 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

Please read your emails about joining the webring. I've sent you 2 or 3 emails & need for you to reply to them. Thanks!

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home