Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Off With Their Ads!!!

You know, I don't know why I started blogging...and then the whole adsense thing came up and you could "make money" by blogging and I added that stuff and although there are people who have been very successful with these programs, and I was not. Mainly because I write about a lot of pointless shit, and some other stuff...

Anyway, I took 'em off...and I did so hoping to turn this blog into what I think I really want it to be.

There is no false pretenses here, I'm not going in incognito...My name is really Michael Fucking Wren and these are all really my thoughts and opinions...actually, you probably could call me Michael Craving...but that's beside the point. I want not only to share my own point of view (no matter how crazy it might be) but also to poll the opinion of other people. I want comments, and I can't figure out how to get them...so maybe by cutting all the crap out...dropping the bullshit and laying it out there...maybe that's the trick


You know, I normally sign up for battle of the blogs on BE when I post something new...I don't do it to win...its not like I'm gambling away my rent money...I do it to get read. But you know, sometimes I enter a blog into three...maybe four challenges...and never get a post. I won a few 50 crediters the other day, and so I decided to do one for 100 just to see what happened...it was over in like 5 minutes. Which means 15 people "viewed" my blog, not one commented, and probably half of them didn't even read past the first few lines.

What a crock of shit...I've said it before...vote for them...but come back and read my blog!

I don't want to give up on my "If I were President" game...its a couple of posts down...go read it and then do some commenting...I can't believe no one has commented on the inaugural Presidential BJ...geez...There are blogs that I visit occasionally that have people who should eat this up...The Watchlist...Hamburger...where are you guys???

So, I leave you with this last question...don't be scared to leave an answer...I'm going to start easy...no politics...no religion...If you could go back and hang out with anyone in history...who would it be?

Tags: ,, ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

"I want comments,
and I can't figure out how
to get them"

Hi Michael
maybe I can give you some tips
first of all...this is merely
constructive criticism
so please don't take offense

I honestly think it's because of the look of your blog not the content
the content is great

the colors are a little bit drab -
non eye catching

people like to see pics, colors & graphics.. it draws them in
and makes them want to read on

maybe if you changed your template
or add some graphics

or just add a graphic
near your name...or on some posts
small things can make a big difference

also I don't know if you do..
but when you leave comments on other people's blogs on a regular basis- they tend to respond back and you will get more readers & comments

- Okay I've rambled enough...

It's just that you are on my links
so that makes you one of my people
and I gotta help my people out!

the slack will now shut up
thank you and goodnight
=)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

If you could go back and hang out with anyone in history...who would it be?

abraham lincoln
I'd like to see life in the 1800's
& maybe I could give abe some tips too
HAHA!

who would you hang with??

9:27 PM  
Blogger Michael Wren said...

well, thank you first for commenting...second...you're probably right, but I hate pictures!!! See, pictures to me limit the imagination...if I tell you that I saw the coolest thing ever and then show you what it is...then you cannot see your own coolest thing ever...but, maybe I'm a little drab..hmmm...maybe I'm a little too old fashioned...but I'm cool right? just kidding...thanks for the ideas...I appreciate that. and I think I'd like to hang with Bob Dylan circa 1965 or so...but I'm music man...and he's the music man...so...

9:40 PM  
Blogger stickboybob said...

thats the way to go!
ads on blog should not be!

9:52 PM  
Blogger theWatchList said...

I was gonna post on the If I Were thing... I really was. I stopped part way though though because I figured my rant would tail spin out of control. But, since you have called for it... I'm gonna.

11:06 PM  
Blogger theWatchList said...

My rant is up now. 40 miles long. It's all your fault though...

Oh and hang out with anyone in history
Crap. I don't know. Seriously. I really don't know. I could say something silly like "Jesus, so I could tell him to forget about it since we would just let him down anyways." But I don't even believe in that so that wouldn't make any sense.

How's about Nietzsche or Crowley? Either of those two ought to be good at providing interesting coversation...

12:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not bad, I too am hurting for comments and don't quiet know how to get people to SAY SOMETHING!!!!!
I get readers, some spend over a hour on the blog BUT NO COMMENTS!!!
:>(
I think I f I could go back oin time and visit any one in History it would be King Loui. XIV of France.

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
I'd go back & hang out with Jesus. I believe he was the most peaceful person to ever exist & that he's been grossly misportrayed. I would want to know who he really was & I'd imagine, just being in his presence would be awesome.

Don't take the high point battles, your blog doesn't get read on those. As you said, they're gone in a flash.
I'm sorry I haven't been by more often. I'm going to read your Presidential post & if it doesn't piss me off, I'll comment. :)

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home