Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Oil and stuff

So last weekend I made a little venture north to see my brother Sam, if there are any of you looking for a home up around Ft. Worth, you should look him up at http://www.itsclosingtime.com/.

So anyway I was headed up there...was a little low in the tank...and had to fill up. Now there is a spot on the 35 Corridor just south of Waco that always has cheaper gas than most. I saw the $2.79 a gallon here in San Marcos and thought Hey, its gotta be a bit cheaper there. So I put 30 bucks in my tank and headed north. Got to my spot, and it was $2.85. Shit! So I kept a truckin. I was sure that it would get cheaper as I went. Well, I made it to North Cow Town and the gas was at $2.95 Shit! and I was out of gas. I had to put another 30 bucks in and this time I got less.

Now I had this whole spill all thought out, but I'm now worked up and I need to make my point.

Most of you have seen that oil companies are making record profits and taking over as the top companies in the world. They pushed out Wal-Mart...give me a breakWal-Mart? I hate the things behind Wal-Mart almost as much as I do the things behind the record oil profits (or I used to) but how does an oil company bump Wal-Mart? You can buy everything at Wal-Mart...everything! You can buy low margin items, you can buy high margin items, you can buy beer, baby wipes, jewelry, medicine, food, clothes...and on and on...and at your nearest Exxon you buy gas and a free car wash!

As we talk of things I hate, well I hate politics, but I now say that you need to contact the dirty bastards. You need to find out who your representative is and you need to call him. You need to tell him (or her, sorry) that you are unhappy with what is going on. You need to tell him that you vote. You need to tell him that you vote based on things that are going on in your world. You need to tell him that unless he and his peers dont start to really begin to take on these matters of gas prices, that you will find someone who will. If you are too damn lazy to find out whom your rep is, you send me a message and I will do it for you. These people work for you...they don't always have your best interest in mind, but they take that office making you believe that they do. You need to tell them that they need to make you believe!

I know that all of you get e-mails and coffee shop (or bar) conversation about how to stand up to the oil companies. Well I'm telling you how to do it the best way. No one will ever really boycott Conoco completely. We need gas and they know that. But we can hit them in a place where they must comply. When a National League baseball team is tied in the bottom of the ninth, with the bases loaded and two outs, and there Ace pitcher is up to bat...they don't leave that pitcher in...they put the best hitter they have available up there. The best hitters we have are our state and national representativesand we need to pencil them in.

When the gas prices drop to $2.50, well all be happy again...and we shouldn't. We need to refuse to be happy until what is right again, is right again.
Thats it...I'm tired of thinking about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home