Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Did you heed the Omen?

The world didn't end...woo hoo! And me??? Well, I guess I'm just another year older.

That's right...the devil's spawn and I both celebrated June 6th for our coming out party. I have people ask me if I was born at 6:06, I tell them no that I was born at 7:06 but most didn't get the joke.

06-06-06 was pretty much uneventful. I wanted to go watch The Omen but it wasn't playing in town, and I was playing with the Joel Hofmann band. We had a mighty fine time at Riley's Tavern. I'm going to be sitting in with them every Tuesday in June, so if you're around the area come on by.

Speaking of evil...why is it that people think that the proper thing to do on someone's birthday is to try to get them shit-faced drunk? Not that I was complaining too much, but man I felt bad this morning! "Hey good buddy!!! I like you so much I think I'm going to buy you lots of alcohol and watch you do something stupid!"

I've lived with this whole 6/6 thing my whole life, so it doesn't bother me much anymore. Hell the last three digits of my zip code are 666. I did however get kind of interested in the significance of 666 this year. I've known about the "mark of the beast" since I watched the original omen many years ago, but this time I wanted to know why it was the mark of the beast. There is a lot of reading to do...if you want to know I found this to be very informative http://www.666man.net/666religionhistoryoverview.html I would like to research this further before I make any more comments.

If anyone needs a cat, I have a couple to send you! My three-cat household is starting to wear me out. They aren't little helpless beings anymore...nope, now they can run and frolic and play and climb and claw and scratch and shit! They are still pretty damn cute though...I don't know how to put pictures on this thing (nor do I care to take them time to find out) or I'd let you see them. The other day I couldn't find them and I didn't know what they were up to...turns out they were sleeping in an open box...I had to take a picture...no, I'm not gay! If you're not up on the story I was invaded by Poon Tang the cat who decided that she needed to have two little kittens in my shed...who then were smuggled in http://mwren.blogspot.com/2006/05/here-kitty-kitty.html. One is dark and one is light, you need one...you need one...you need both...you need all three...and the dark one is starting to try to win favor. I woke up a little disoriented about 2:30 on 666. I knew it was my birthday, but I was trying to find the time. When I figured out that I wasn't late for work and rubbed my eyes and looked around...the little bastard jumped up on my bed, licked my nose, and then curled up in a ball beside me. Errrr....I hate cuteness!

So, I have lots of things on my mind today. This is going to be another one of those random topic type posts. I've been surfing blogs at www.blogexplosion.com . There are a lot of interesting topics there...if you just go to surf member blogs and start reading you will find a lot of information. Its pretty interesting to get other peoples takes on things. The people that are just doing it to share their opinion, instead of ones on TV or Radio talk shows.

I usually find the political ones to be of the most interest, but there are also some people who are just down right intriguing, no matter what they are writing about.

There are the people who love bush, and the people that hate bush and then there are the people who actually talk about the President. You get people who keep up with their favorite sports teams, their family, and then people who just want to show the world how stupid they are and I respect all of the above. So from some of the ones I read today, here is my opinion.

A blog about stopping corporal punishment in the home:
I don't have kids so I don't know if I'm the one to have a take on this, but I was a kid (until yesterday actually) and I know people who have kids so I guess I have a take. I know that there was a lot less violence in public before we invented time out. I know that there was more respect for people before kids no longer respected their parents (yes, fear is part of respect) since they could hide behind the system. I do not think children should be beaten or abused, but I think as a parent you have the right to spank their little asses when they need it. Most folks down here in Texas have heard the phrase, "What that boy needs is an ass-whooping!" I know its been said about me a few million times, and truth be told I probably needed a few more ass-whoopings than I got. I do not think a child should be terrified of a parent, but I do believe that they have to have a fear of the consequences of their action. But what do I know?

Brangelina....Who Fucking Cares??? A lot of people evidently. I see it very sad that there is a demand for all the coverage about this couples baby...or this couple period. Why is it that we (the people) have this obsession with celebrities? Is it because we want to be like these people, is it that we might never be like these people? There are blogs dedicated to the Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie relationship...That probably won't last...because celebrity relationships never do....because there not supposed to...because if they did then we (the people) wouldn't have anything to watch and talk about! and let me be guilty of this...what the hell was Brad thinking when he left Jennifer Anniston (I probably misspelled that)? Why do we follow all these people, and wonder what they had for breakfast and what they bought on Rodeo Drive? I don't care much, well when Tara Reid's boob fell out and the whole world caught it on tape, I was interested! I bet if we showed as much interest in how our neighbor was feeling today as we did about TomKat or Brangelina, than this world would be a better place.

I saw a blog from a military man (he said he was, and by God, I believe him) who had a post about the god hates fags bunch. I had an earlier post on these idiots http://mwren.blogspot.com/2006/02/whispers.html. He was much more couth than I was, and that's a big credit to him since seeing he was military then they were calling him a fag. Anyway, it showed a video on it of the jackasses being attacked by some angry funeral goers. I hate to say this (well, not really) but I wish the video would have shown one of the funeral goers getting a good hold of the church of dumbass ( www.godhatesfags.com) and giving one of my aforementioned ass-whoopings!

I think I'm starting to ramble now...and its getting close to 1 am and I need to force myself to sleep!

two last things!

one - The Dallas Mavericks are in the NBA Finals. Now let's just see if we can "Hack-a-Shaq" our way to a championship!

two- For those of you who read the Italian post, we (the WettNex www.texaswettnex.com) received an e-mail from a French radio station wanting a CD to play. Now if these two countries want to hear the Texas WettNex, why the hell don't you???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home