Thursday, May 18, 2006

I don't know...

I really don't have a "hot" topic...I just feel like typing I guess.

The Mavericks lost...that sucks...but game 6 is in Big D and I'm thinking that the Spurs are D-U-N. (that's done folks)

I'm headed out to Santa Fe Friday Morning. Going to go watch another one of the guys tie the knot. For those of us who are holding out, the numbers are getting pretty slim. Of the people who I really consider my "best of friends" there are only a couple of us left. With every wedding there is a closing of a chapter of my life (I'm not trying to be selfish here, I should say a closing of a chapter in our lives). The stories that I can no longer tell. When the two Erics went down...that was a couple of good chapters that I had to lock up...but now Johnny B...now our stories were the stuff that they make movies out of.

I'll grow up someday.

What else? Anyone feeling political? What do I think about the National Guard on the borders? I think if I were a citizen of Laredo, Texas I'd sure as hell support this move. They don't even have a police chief down there...no one is stupid enough to take it. If you feel that all is lost, and you just can't make it here anymore...well then get down to Laredo and take a police job...you won't last long.

All the debate...who's right? I can't decide who's right. Do I believe that this is a land of opportunity? Do I believe that my opportunity is being taken by someone who is not a U.S. Citizen? I remember one time when I almost didn't make it back across the border from Mexico because I was too drunk to say U.S. Citizen! Do I believe that if I turn my back on immigrants that I'd be turning my back on Jesus? Do I believe that immigration actually helps the economy? I do believe that I wouldn't dig a ditch for less than minimum wage, and that some people will...and I know that I hate paying taxes, but I think that if I have to, that anyone else who lives in this country should have to as well. I believe that if there was no immigration, that I would not be here today. I don't know what else...

Is President Bush a moron? Well hell no he's not a moron, if he were a moron than he wouldn't be President. If he is indeed a moron, then all of us are morons as well, since we did elect him (twice) to be our President. If you want to try to say that you are not a moron because you didn't vote for him, well guess what, you were then defeated by morons...which makes you lower than the moron...fight that battle if you want to. Do I agree with everything he does? Well hell no. I also don't agree with every decision that my bosses at work make...but they are the bosses.

My conscience tells me to stop, but since when do I listen to that mean bit...

I think the main problem with this war is that people don't understand what war is anymore...we're too busy trying to be gentleman again. You see the movies about the old ways. A bunch of men line up, take turns shooting each other...Gentlemen...bullshit...I'd rather be the police chief down in Laredo! I hear talk of these evil insurgent ambushes and road mines and such. Let me tell you this, I do not side with the insurgents...but I do understand their ways. David did not walk up and trade blows with Goliath...he hit him with a rock from a good distance away. He wasn't a moron! I think that our Shock and Awe strategy was a hell of an idea...right up to the point where we told the media what we were doing. I keep saying we, like I'm a fucking four star general...anyway, Shock and Awe was good...get in there...hit them every which way you can without them ever knowing...and to the victor goes the spoils. Or should I say oil? Your damn right this war has something to do with oil. We are a country hooked on oil like a crazy crack whore, and the middle east is sitting on the stash baby. I'm not saying that its the only reason...

I break to clear my head, not to change subjects...so anyway, we are fighting this war with the press in the front seat of our tanks and humvees. Send big brother home...send the tattle tale down the street home...send the close to the action problem starter home and whip a little ass. I know, I know...it sounds like the barbaric redneck thing to do...well, you're right. We are nuts deep in this war, and there doesn't look to be a miracle way out. I've been around barbaric rednecks my entire life..and there is only one thing that can down a barbaric redneck..and that's a bigger and badder barbaric redneck. Last I heard we were (I keep using this we...I mean America I guess) a superpower. We need to quit looking down at whose toes we might step on, and look up and hit someone in the jaw. Sometimes a little violence (I say a little as in a whole bunch) is the answer to peace. You should reference a Kenny Rogers song (oh shit, did I really just say reference Kenny Rogers?) the coward of the County. Sometimes you have to fight to be a man.

Speaking of songs...I love the new Dixie Chicks song! I love the music, I love the groove, and yes I love the words. I love the message. I don't know the song well enough, but the lyrics go something like - I made my bed and I sleep like a baby - which is one of the greatest lines I've ever heard. So, I'll tell you that I don't agree completely with what Natalie Maines said several years ago...she broke an unspoken rule, but she didn't do it with malice in her heart I don't think. See, as Americans we've all been taught that we have freedom of speech and all that good stuff...but the unspoken rule is that you don't condemn your own quarterback in front of the other team. Surely all of you have been on some kind of team...whether it be football, or debate, or chess or whatever...well you should know that you can talk about whatever you want in your locker room, but you never show any kind of disrespect to your teammates in front of the other team...especially the quarterback! She might have done that...but I am willing to bet that people who condemned her some years back, agree with her now...that is why W. has a pretty dismal job rating polls. This song is beautiful, and its beautiful because its true...and these very talented girls stick to their guns. Its one thing to go out and say something...its another thing to back it all up. I respect that.

Let's talk about something a little less errr.....

Am I really bipolar (I've been asked this alot lately) well...not according to Tom Cruise!

I know there was something else I was wanting to rant about...I just can't remember what it was now. I do love Keystone light.

I got the babies up and moving around tonight...I'm going to post some pictures soon...whenever I get back from Santa Fe...hoping that you can give the little tangs a home.
I hope I haven't offended anyone...actually I don't really care that much...but I do want you to feel free to drop me a line and straighten me out at anytime.

For those of you who like the political topic, you should check out the song, "The Wordsmith" at www.myspace.com/thetexaswettnex I didn't write it, Phillip Foster did, but I am singing it and it takes on a few political issues that some of you might be interested in. Go buy our CD! www.texaswettnex.com

a cada su propio

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of subjects in your post. I totally disagree about Bush & don't want to debate it, so I'll tell you I'm refraining from that topic. And btw, I'm not lower than a moron, I believe that's being proven as I type.

But, ahhh basketball, that's a subject I like. Mavericks just had a big player suspended "Terry" for hitting a guy in the groin. Supposedly that's going to hurt them a lot. I'm not a fan of either team, but I prefer the Mavs over the Spurs. Let's just hope they can win this next one.

I hope you have a good time at your friend's wedding. Some parts of growing up, like losing friends to marriage, sucks. That is, until you get married, then you have other fun married couples to do stuff with.
Enjoyed reading what you wrote.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Gotta love a good rant...

While I don't agree with everything, I like your style. See you again soon!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Bill Tyler said...

What a great riff. Free form with structure - very dangerous.

I really like the line, "If you want to try to say that you are not a moron because you didn't vote for him, well guess what, you were then defeated by morons...which makes you lower than the moron...fight that battle if you want to."

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home